A trap for bears... and other things.
| Spawns randomly|
|Notes||Can be placed as a trap. Damages and immobilizes.|
Bear Traps are traps that can be placed almost anywhere on the map. They damage and temporarily immobilize anything that steps on them, including the Protagonist. Besides spawning randomly across the map, they can be found in a few predetermined locations, such as under a window in the Hideout 1 and (abundantly) in the Swamp Cottage's garden, where they are partially or fully hidden by low vegetation.
- Placing Meat in bear traps attracts nearby carnivores.
- A line of Gasoline can be laid leading to the trap and then incinerated to set on fire whatever is caught in the trap.
- Disarming untriggered traps yields 2 Scrap Metal, while triggered traps yield only 1.
- Disarming a live trap while engaged in combat or stealth is unwise, as disarming takes some time and locks the player's vision cone.
- A hit from a bear trap deals almost 2/3 of a health square of damage to the protagonist when not wearing armor.
- A recipe for learning to craft bear traps once existed within the game, but it was also craftable from the moment the Prologue ended, rendering the recipe useless
- Picking up a triggered trap is instantaneous (no animation plays) and does not hinder movement
- It was possible to profit Reputation by buying 4 Scrap metal for 10 Reputation each, which could then be turned into a Bear Trap and sold for 70 Reputation. This has since been fixed by lowering the Bear Trap's sell value to 20.
|Firearms||Assault Rifle • Bolt Action Rifle • Double Barrel Shotgun • Homemade Shotgun • Pistol • Single-Shot Pistol • Pump Action Shotgun • Single Shot Shotgun • Submachine Gun|
|Melee weapons||Axe • Pitchfork • Plank With Nails • Sickle • Shovel • Stick • Table Leg • Torch|
|Throwable weapons||Bottle • Gas Bottle • Knife • Molotov Cocktail • Stone|
|Traps||Bear Trap • Broken Glass • Chain Trap • Exploding Barrel • Gas Tank • Meat|
|Removed Weapons||Pellet Gun|