If the protagonist attempts to force him out of the room to be brought back to the Elephants, he will start screaming this rhyme. If the player has killed Mushroom Granny, his actual grandmother, to enter the room he will cry. Upon reaching the Swamp Cottage, the mother Elephant will take him into another room, where he will be kept for the rest of the game.
If Marcinek was not taken back to the Elephants, and left with Mushroom Granny, he will escape the flames and run back home to try and save his loved ones. It is presumed that he burns along with them if given back to his family.
- Before Alpha 10, Marcinek would disappear after being sent to his room by the Elephant mother, after being "rescued".
- As of the full release, he's still locked up in there.
- The rhyme that Marcinek mutters is actually the code to the Old Shed's locked door.
- If the player kills Mushroom Granny to enter the room, a note will be found on the floor of the Swamp Cottage (once he's returned home). It's a rough drawing of a monster standing in a doorway; this, most likely, is the player.
- His mother calls him "Marcin". "Marcinek" is diminutive form of "Marcin".
- In older versions, upon reaching the Swamp Cottage, the mother Elephant will take him into another room the Protagonist can show items to him, but not talk or otherwise interact with him.
|Major characters||Bike Man • Chicken Lady • Child • Cripple • Doctor • Elephants • Mirror • Mushroom Granny • Musician • Piotrek • Protagonist • Snail • Soldier • Talking Tree • The Three • Trader • Wolfman • The Being|
|Minor characters||Dial-eyed Man • Half-Dead Man • Half-Dead Woman • Hanuskah • Infected Villager • Janek • Maciek • Madman • Notable Villagers (Swamp) • Pig Farmer • Pretty Lady • Sleeper • Stasiek • Tunneler|