Darkwood is an unforgiving game about survival, exploration and fear set in the mysterious woods somewhere in the territory of the Soviet Bloc. By blending RPG, roguelike and adventure elements together with a challenging difficulty, Darkwood aims to please players craving for a deep and rewarding experience.
Its key features are:
- By day, explore the randomly generated woods, scavenge for materials and weapons, discover secrets, solve mysteries and talk, trade with or kill the various inhabitants of Darkwood.
- By night, find shelter, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- Gain skills or perks by extracting essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream. This might also have various unexpected consequences...
- Each action you take will have an impact on Darkwood and its inhabitants. The choices you make will define the story which you will experience.
- As days go by, the lines between reality and nightmarish fantasies will begin to blur. You will start to question the protagonist's sanity, but may also stumble upon your own hidden fears...
Darkwood is still in development and currently in alpha. It is available on Steam Early Access for PC, Mac, and Linux.
Current features Edit
- Randomly generated, open world.
- The first chapter of the game.
- Several skills and perks to choose from when leveling your character.
- Several types of enemies, each having a different set of behaviours.
- Choices and consequences. These will be much more visible in the later chapters.
- Crafting, barricades and traps.
- Mysteries, secrets, and surprises!
- A couple of melee and (rare) ranged weapons.
- A few NPCs to talk, trade with, complete tasks for, or kill.
Planned features Edit
- More of everything! Characters, enemies, loot, skills, events, locations, you name it!
- Finishing and polishing the first chapter, and adding the remaining one(s).
- A probable overhaul of the crafting system.
- A better, prettier, more efficient lighting system (hopefully).
- Lots of other stuff that might come up during Early Access!
Minimum system requirements Edit
|OS||Windows Vista or later||OSX 10.6 or higher||Ubuntu 12.04 or later|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz or equivalent||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz or equivalent||Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz or equivalent|
|RAM||3 GB RAM||3 GB RAM||3 GB RAM|
|GPU||Geforce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4850||Geforce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4850||Geforce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4850|
|HDD||2 GB available space||2 GB available space||2 GB available space|
|Notes||Requirements may change during development. Minimum resolution: 1280x768||Requirements may change during development. Minimum resolution: 1280x768||Requirements may change during development. Minimum resolution: 1280x768|