Piotrek is a major character and vendor in Darkwood.
Piotrek first appears at his home in the Silent Forest, where he has locked himself in his room. Piotrek refuses to open the door until the "beast" in his garage has been dealt with, and only then will he unlock the door and converse with the player.
Spaceship Quest Edit
Piotrek would like a hand with his mission of building a fantasy spaceship. To do so, 4 parts from vehicles spread across the world must be retrieved.
Each piece will earn the player 100 reputation when shown to Piotrek. Once the quest is completed, Piotrek rewards the player with 2 Weapon Parts and a Welder and will vanish for the remainder of Chapter 1.
The five existing pieces Piotrek requires are:
Any of the pieces can also be brought to Wolfman, who will turn it into a bomb to blow up Piotrek with once the quest is completed.
Spaceship Quest Completion Edit
Upon completion of the quest, Piotrek gives the protagonist a Welder.
In Chapter 2, Piotrek will appear in the Junkyard, dead, but carrying plenty of loot. This allows one to speculate that his "rocket" did leave the ground, if not by flight then at least by a powerful explosion, but crashed just a few miles away.
However, if the Protagonist didn't give all the needed junk items to Piotrek, he survives the burning of the forest and goes back to working on his rocket ship. The only other known characters to survive the burning of the forest are (depending on the quests you do and how you carry them out) the Child, the Musician, some villagers, and possibly Wolfman. Everyone else that we know of (excluding the Bike Man, whose fate is unknown, as well as some of the minor characters) perishes in the fire.
Showing Items Edit
- Photo from 1961: Unaware that this is his own item taken by the Protagonist, Piotrek comments on how he has a postcard just like this one, and that it is a beautiful photo.
- Showing him any of the items related to the Spaceship quest will start that quest if it hasn't been started already, and make him comment on the piece's alleged function.
|Map of the Old Woods||100||50||1|
- Piotrek is a common Polish first name.
- Wolfman detests Piotrek, believing him to be a danger to everyone else. The reason for this is yet to be discovered, but may well be due to Piotrek's innocent, delusional thinking, which opposes to Wolfman's harsh and cynical view of the world he lives in.
- All the quest pieces for building Piotrek's fantasy spaceship are drawn on the bottom left of the Blueprint.
- In Alpha 6.0, Piotrek's Spaceship Quest was impossible to complete, as the Battery was no longer in the game. This had been made intentionally, as the developers worked in adding more to the game. In Alpha 7.1, the item was added back to the game, but appears in a tank at a Tank Wreck instead of any tractor.
- Prior to Alpha 9, all 6 spaceship parts were required to complete Piotrek's quest. Since then, only 4 parts are required, though all 6 parts still exist in the game.
- It is possible, that Piotrek's obsession about space is a reference to a internet meme "Poland Cannot into Space".
|Major characters||Bike Man • Chicken Lady • Child • Cripple • Doctor • Elephants • Mirror • Mushroom Granny • Musician • Piotrek • Protagonist • Snail • Soldier • Talking Tree • The Three • Trader • Wolfman • The Being|
|Minor characters||Dial-eyed Man • Half-Dead Man • Half-Dead Woman • Hanuskah • Infected Villager • Janek • Maciek • Madman • Notable Villagers (Swamp) • Pig Farmer • Pretty Lady • Sleeper • Stasiek • Tunneler|