|Swamp - Outskirts|
|Notable loot|| Axe Blade|
Journal from the Radio Tower #2
Torn Page From a Journal #1
Burned Page With a Map
The area is a tangle of wires, steel, bones and twigs, to make a large nesting ground for the Banshee Babies. Around 20 can be found roosting in the area. They could not be interacted with by the player outside of this. Three Glares can be found nearby - which have to be traversed through a box puzzle.
The network of sprawling paths give multiple ways to traverse the area. Each of them however lead back to the locked central building where rusted, dysfunctional radio equipment can be found inside.
Many of the skeletal corpses scattered around include such loot as 9V Batteries, Shotgun Shells, Flares, a Flashlight, Journal from the Radio Tower #2 and so on. There is also a Compressor Parts and an Underground Entrance similar to the one found in Chapter 1, but be careful, there are dangerous Banshees in this area.
The Radio Tower Bunker leads to the end of Chapter 2 and to the Epilogue. WATCH-OUT: you only have one chance to find the way without dying. You can't go back that way now, the metal door closes forever. Be prepared and don't go through the metal door until you have done everything you wanted to do. (After the Epilogue, it is possible to go on playing the game).
The camp Edit
If the player gets killed in the Train Wreck dream, the doctor's camp can be found near the entrance of the Radio Tower after a few days in the Swamp. The location has a bed, a campfire and a sack containing loot: a Burned Page With a Map, a Camera (mud) and a Torn Page From a Journal #1.
- This area is best explored during the early morning. Even with the shortcut system, it can be a long trek to leave the Radio Tower for the Swamp Hideout. If explored in the afternoon it's quite possible to be caught out during the night.
- The following weapons have proven effective against the large swarm of Banshee Babies:
- Either a melee weapon or a Molotov Cocktail will be required to destroy the fungus inside the Radio Tower Bunker and enter the Final Dreamscene.
According to the developers, an expansion for the Radio Tower's underground is currently being worked on. It should probably be released with the next major update.Released :)
- In Alpha 8, there were some bugs involving the Doctor, one of which would make his dialogue lines still display if he was killed. These were all fixed in Alpha 9.
- The Talking Tree (or rather, one of it's 'residents') vaguely informs the player to go to the Radio Tower.
- In one of the previous game versions, it was also home to a raving madman, who would ask the player to kill them in exchange for a key to the central tower, 'relieving him of his watch.' It was implied that he was an Outsider.