- For the other hideouts, see Hideout.
|Silent Forest Hideout|
|Characters||Bike Man - First appearance|
|Creatures|| Several Savages|
|Notable loot|| Watch|
The Silent Forest hideout is a major location in Darkwood.
Hideout's Layout Edit
Silent Forest Hideout is slightly bigger than the First Hideout, making it a bit trickier to defend at night. It consists of two main rooms:
Each of those rooms can be divided into two separate sub-rooms:
- Room with oven consists of the main space where said oven and workbench are and of a small room with bathtub that connects it to lobby through the door.
- Main looby area consists of what can be seen as sort of foyer, and then smaller space next to it, with two windows, that can be named as living room
Defense strategies Edit
While Dry Meadow Hideout had two equally good choices for the main night-defense room, Silent Forest Hideout seems to present the oven room as an obviously better choice for the player to spend the night in. Oven room has only one window (so smaller chance of light seeping outside through cracks), one set of doors that lead outside and one set of doors that lead to lobby room. This place seems well suited for defending at night, because door leading to lobby does not require barricading, as the passage into oven area can be easily blocked by bathtub that is already in the room, and additionaly by bringing some more furniture, for example wardrobe from the foyer. Barricading the remaining door and one window proves to be much less troubling, and any additional defence of those 3 entry points (like laying out traps) will use less resources than securing 4 windows and 3 doors situated far apart from one another in the lobby room.
Still, it must be noted that lobby area is defendable, although it may be more challenging for new players. With 7 entrances located over much bigger area than oven room, more resources will be used to block those. What's more, any potential enemies have more possible points of entrance during the night. Defending all of those points from an attack, (especially from multiple sides) may be hard even for experienced player, not to mention a begginer. On the other hand, lobby area has its own advantages such as way more space to outmaneuver multiple enemies if they do break in. Oven room may prove to be too tight and player can easily get surrounded in corner, or can walk into one of their own traps.
Notable Loot Edit
- The generator room is much easier to fortify than the hideout. One strategy is to drag lamps into this room and barricade it.
- Another strategy is to drag lamps to the courtyard in front of the generator room, this gives the player open space to dodge attacks and evade Banshees that may spawn.
- This location was formerly known as Farmhouse.
- Until Alpha 6, a privy could be found in this hideout. It has since been removed.
- Before version 1.1 several savages could be found defending the hideout upon arrival.