|Silent Forest - Road to the Village|
|Characters||Several minor NPCs|
|Creatures|| Red Chomper|
|Notable loot||Potato, Alcohol, Jar with Meat, Bandages|
|Notes||Includes several minor interactions with NPCs.|
The Village is a major location in Darkwood.
The Village is reliant on the Sow for the majority of its food. Because the Sow is starving, the village is facing a famine. If the player kills the sow, upon next visit they will see a circle of villagers around the charred corpse of the Sow, praying for its resurrection.
The Village has several locations of note.
The Village Shrine is found close to the entrance, a Shiny Stone can be stolen from it. There is a crop field directly to the west of it.
Directly east of the entrance is Janek's house. Initially, it is barricaded, it can be accessed by going through the tunnels underneath the Village Well. The plot items items Dogtag and Key Covered in Chicken Feces can be found here.
The Mayor of the village can be found at his house in the northwesternmost part of the village, south of the river. The house can be accessed once the Sow is killed, and Antek will be set loose on the player once they enter the cellar. Behind the Mayor's house, the Scribblings of a Madman can be found in a barn. Presumably, the Pig Farmer lived in this barn.
In the middle of the village, a large compound is blocked off by a wall. This is the village Crematorium. The Crematorium can be entered by picking the lock on the barn opposite the Mayor's house. Two bread ovens can be found at the crematory, presumably used to burn the dead villagers. A dozen or so corpses are found in a locked room at the Crematory, confirming the theory.
Northeast of the Crematorium is Hanuska's House, a cottage that has been mostly burnt down. The Burned Doll can be found here, and a cable and knife can be looted off the Villager (Hanuska) sitting in the middle of the burnt house.
The Holes can be found just below the Crematorium, they are a shortcut from the Village to Hideout 2.
The Village Well can be found in the southwest corner of the village. Repairing it with a Chain will give access to the Village Underground, a system of tunnels which lead from the Well to Janek's house. The underground is inhabited by the Small Red Chomper.
Three more houses can be found surrounding the Well, another house can be found attached to the Crematory, and a final house can be found below the Chicken Lady House. About a dozen or so Villagers and Infected Villagers are spread throughout these houses and the rest of the village, they commonly drop Medical Supplies, Potatoes, and Jars with Meat. A single Madman can be found sitting in a corner in the house below the Mayor's house.
The Village is rife with items that can be looted. Several of which are plot items.
- The Doctor's instructions #1, #2 can be found in two of the houses. The Doctor's instructions #3 can be found on the Chicken Lady's corpse.
- A Chain can be found on a corpse in the house south of the Chicken Lady's House, it can be used to climb down the Village Well.
- A Cable can be found on the corpse of the Villager sitting in Hanuska's house, she needs to be killed first.
- The Madman Scribbles #1 can be found in the barn behind the Mayor's house, the Picture of the Sow can be found in the code-locked crate in the same barn, along with a random amount of high-value items.
- The Meat Grinder can be found in the house attached to the Crematorium.
- The Dogtags and Key Covered in Chicken Feces can be found in Janek's house.
- A Cross covered with Mud and Sticks can be found in a wardrobe in the Chicken Lady House.
- The Doll cann be looted off the Small Red Chomper in the village well.
- A Military Flashlight and Fabric can be found in the room with the Pretty Lady, and a Shiny Stone can be found in the barricaded house with an infected villager in the southwesternmost house in the village.
- A very large amount of Odd-looking mushrooms can be found in tunnel system beneath the well.
- A large amount of crafting items like rags, bottles, wire, wood and nails can be found spread across the village as well.
- Like in other areas separated by a loading screen, time does not pass in the Village.
- The player can kill everyone in the village. Doing this before killing the Sow will prevent the invitation to the Mayor's house from being extended.
- The Village seems to be in dire straits: a large amount of corpses can be found in the Crematorium, and with the Sow's inability to produce offspring, the Villagers are facing famine.
- Several villagers have unique dialogue. The two sitting together directly south of the well can be overheard discussing the Infected Villager in the house they're facing, the desecration of the village shrine (once the Player has stolen the shiny stone), and a dream one of the villagers had.
|Locations in The Village|
|Barn • Butcher's House • Chicken Lady House • Crematorium • Hannah's House • Janek's House • Mayor's House • Village Cellar • Village Shrine • Village Well|